Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Flag Burning Amendment

I have had various people tell me they would be in favor of this amendment.

I have had various people tell me that they vote Republican because Republicans are for this amendment.

Common sense tells me that Republicans have been in control of Congress since the mid-1990's.

Common sense tells me that Republicans have controlled the Office of the President, both houses of Congress, and the Supreme Court in the time since 2000.

Common sense tells me that the Republicans aren't serious about a Flag Burning Amendment at all. It's just an election year ploy. They have had since 1996 to deal with it.

To save me time change the title of this blog to Anti-Abortion Amendment and read it again.

I wonder if Republicans ever get the feeling they are being trickled on.

Remember...

Politics is about money. Big money bought the GOP by 1910 and have now bought 70-80% of the Democrats. Social issues be damned. It's about money. Get used to it.

No comments: