Friday, November 09, 2007

Holiday Parade and More

The annual Christmas Parade is Saturday November 10. Be downtown at 10am for over an hour of fun.

I will be entertaining at the New Moon Cafe on piano before and after the parade. I encourage you to stop by so you can put a 'face' to this blog. Will I be playing for tips? The answer is NO..., but have your wallet out if you make a request.

I am very proud to announce that the New Moon is contributing the place and I am contributing my time to kick-off the Bell Ringing Season for the Oshkosh Salvation Army.

The Salvation Army has a goal of $150,000 this Christmas season. That's a lot of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters in the Red Kettles in the next six weeks. Note that every cent collected in Oshkosh stays right here in Oshkosh!

Please stop by the New Moon and help us kick-start the Red Kettle campaign. Pocket change helps. Feel free to write a check. In fact feel free to match the amount collected this weekend at the New Moon. Call the Oshkosh Salvation Army at (920) 232-7660 and Kendall will assist you.

While I am making dares... I dare the 'Goat Pack' groups to get out and ring bells for the Salvation Army.

This will be the third year in a row that I have worked with the New Moon in doing this. One of the New Moon's owners used the phrase: "becoming a tradition".

I like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stopped by about 8:30 am on my way to morning weekend class at university but you hadn't arrived yet. Heard from several people parade was great. Good luck on your bell ringing stint. Salvation Army such a worthy cause. Isn't it true that national executive director makes $26,000 a year? And I think it's great that all money raised locally stays in community. Thanks for all you do gary. a friend